Thursday 13 April 2017

Beardies, Cetti's and a Bluetail at Titchwell

28th March 2017

Two days to spend at Titchwell so thought I would spend the first day on the reserve. The water levels are still high to hopefully knock back the vegetation on the islands so little going on in front of the hides and most of the islands were not visible. So time to settle down on the beach path to try and catch some beardies.

Didn't have to wait long before they were pinging around my head, but the trick now was to get them still for just a fraction of a second and out in the open. After a couple of hours and several hundred shots later I did manage to get some shots which I suspect are among some of my best.














So now on to the dragonfly pool to try my luck at seeing and hopefully photographing the Red-flanked Bluetail.. The bird had been showing in the bushes on the far side of the pool so a little distant, but it did have the advantage that the long line of birders stretched along the boardwalk all had the same view so no jostling for position. While I was waiting for the Bluetail to appear a Cetti's Warbler was calling loudly just yards in front of me, but then flew up into a bare Sallow allowing some rather unexpected shots to be taken.






But now to the business in hand. The bluetail was showing on and off for over an hour but always distant and frequently partially obscured. However, I did mange to get some record shots so the time was well spent.










I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.