Friday 6 November 2015

A Black Redstart by the Kelshall Village Library

27th October 2015

When it comes to Black Redstarts you normally think of power stations, industrial sites or sea walls, so it was a bit of a surprise when one had been found on the roof of Kelshall Village Hall. I had planned to go to Deadman's Hill today so a mile or so diversion was not really a problem. As I turned the corner I knew that the building opposite must be the village hall because it had a Black Redstart on the ridge tiles.

The bird seemed quite settled and apparently unfazed by my presence despite the fact that I was just 15 yards away albeit one storey below. I set up the camera on the tripod and clicked away for half an hour, although the bird did disappear at times over the back of the roof.








Then I made an astonishing discovery. Outside the village hall is one of the old red telephone boxes. The phone has been removed and replaced with shelves which are full of books. It is the Kelshall Village Library. If you want to borrow a book you just take it and bring it back when you have finished. Also, if you own any books that you no longer require you just put them in the library. How good is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.