Tuesday, 8 September 2026

A Grey Wagtail in our Waterfall

3rd September 2026

I built our pond in 2010 and it has proved to be a great hit with the local birds which use it for drinking and bathing, and also with our family as the waterfall provides a very theraputic trickling of water sound when we are sitting out on the patio on those warm summer evenings. The waterfall is so well used that I have a Waterfall List of the birds that have been seen using it.

Well, I woke up at 6.30am this morning and looked out of the bedroom window and there was a Grey Wagtail feeding in the waterfall. Not knowing how long it would stay I grabbed the camera and hung out of the bedroom window and grabbed some shots. Unfortunately the light was very poor so I was on ISA5000 and 1/640th second shutter speed and here are the results.










I have since checked my Waterfall List and this is the first Grey Wagtail since 2010 and brings my waterfall species total to 18!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.