Thursday 23 September 2021

Migrant Hawkers In Flight

13th September 2021

I thought I would try my luck with dragonflies in flight, so what better place to go than the Amwell Dragonfly Trail. Luckily there were two Migrant Hawkers patrolling the pools, so it was just a matter of waiting until one was in view and the sun was out. After half an hour I had taken 87 shots and seven of these were either partially out of shot or out of focus which gave me a success rate of 92%. Quite pleased with that for my first attempt, but need a bit more practice.

Here are the best five photos.









I particularly like the last shot with the dark background, but with a dragonfly whizzing around at great speed, not always easy to engineer!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.