Thursday 10 September 2020

A Tour of My Local Patch

1st September 2020

The weather has brightened up temporarily so just enough time for a quick tour around my local patch. I started off at Amwell but very little around, just a Speckled Wood sunning itself by the path.


Luckily one of the juvenile Grey Wagtails in the paddock was still around.






Up at the scrubby area by Bayfordbury a small party of Reed Buntings were centred on an Elder Bush and were totally unconcerned by my presence...........








............and nearby a couple of juvenile Goldfinches were making the most of the newly seeded Creeping Thistles.






I then headed off to Panshanger Park to see if the annual Osprey had arrived yet. No sign unfortunately, but I did see this rather magnificent Buzzard perched high in a tree, proclaiming its presence to the world.


















I left the site at 12.00pm and the Osprey made its first appearance of the year at 12.15pm. Typical!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.