Sunday 17 February 2019

Take one Twite, an Orange-coloured Pantile Roof and a Pinch of Lichen

4th February 2019

Another visit to Norfolk so another attempt at photographing the Twite at Thornham Marsh now that the sun is shining. Thornham Marshes is one of those places where what birds are present are very often fairly tame and will allow you to approach quite closely like this Curlew in the creek next to the road.










I then moved up to the sluice where a Spotted Redshank had been reported over the last few days. No sign when I arrived but after a few minutes I heard the "chew-it" call and it flew in and landed just a few yards in front of me. What a cracking bird!!






I then walked up to the sea wall and peered over the top hoping to see the Pink-footed Geese that I had heard 10 minutes earlier. Sadly no geese, but there were three Barn Owls hunting. It had rained heavily overnight and therefore hunting had to be abandoned and they were making up for it now.














Unfortunately, I was shooting into the sun but it did have the advantage of the light shining through their wings.














Well, that was an added bonus. I had just finished with the owls, mainly because they had all disappeared, when I was distracted by the tweets of twittering Twite. I looked round and the whole flock were lined up on the ridge tiles of the fisherman's barn by the creek. This time I was able to manoeuvre into position to get the sun behind me.














.........and I said at the beginning..........take one Twite, an orange-coloured pantile roof and a pinch of lichen..............






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.