Wednesday 4 April 2018

Hawfinches and Little Owl at Bramfield Church

25th March 2018

A small break in the cloud so time for a quick visit to Bramfield. Mike Ilett had reported five Hawfinches the day before so at least they are still around, but presumably won't be for much longer. It was now the afternoon, so probably not the best time of day, but at least I did see one or two perched high in the Ash trees behind the churchyard Yews. Not the best shots I have taken this year, but the best I could do in the light conditions.




So now on to look for the Little Owl which lives nearby. I have so far looked for this owl on two occasions without success, but this time I got lucky. Looking for a small Oak-coloured owl in a large Oak is not easy, but I did eventually manage to pick it out. It then hopped around, always managing to find a branch to hide behind, but then it settled in the open and posed for a couple of shots.

Magic!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.