Sunday 11 December 2016

Another Visit to Burwell Fen for Short-eared Owls

29th November 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my last visit to Burwell Fen so time for a return visit, but this time in sunshine and calm conditions. The forecast was correct this time so I arrived in wall-to-wall blue sky and flat calm conditions so neither the owls or indeed me had any excuses.

They were already flying at 1.00pm, but the main activity didn't kick off until about 2.00pm. It was difficult to assess how many owls there were as they were very mobile, and not all in the air at the same time. However, on occasions there were six in the air at once, so I would conservatively estimate that there were 10+ birds present. Here are the results.






















What magnificent birds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.