Monday 18 April 2016

Kingfishers on my Local River - Revisited

1st April 2016

The last visit to the my local River Lea proved to be so successful that I decided to give it another go. No Little Egrets this time, but another new arrival that would not have been seen 25 years ago, the Common Buzzard. Luckily they are now so common that sadly we tend to take them for granted, but I can never resist stopping to watch them soar over the local countryside.








So now to look out for the real quarry today, the charismatic Kingfisher. I didn't have to wait too long before he appeared and settled down for some fishing. When they get involved and stare intently at the water they are fairly approachable provided there are no sudden movements. What amazing birds and probably no surprise that they are the most photographed bird in this part of the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.