Monday 30 December 2013

Nothing on the Telly

9th December 2013

Not much going on so I thought I would spend an hour or two at Amwell with the camera to see what was about. Before I had even got to the viewpoint the resident female Kestrel was perched in its favorite Ash tree and was gleaming in the sun.




Further along the Lee Navigation towpath by the footbridge was a Hawthorn tree with still a few berries remaining, and which was attracting Blackbirds, Song Thrushes and a few Redwings. By positioning myself on the slope of the footbridge I was able to get on eye-level with the birds and so that all was left to do was wait. Unfortunately most of the birds had other ideas, with the exception of a single Redwing which posed briefly in a nearby tree. That will do nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.