Wednesday 25 September 2013

Water Levels Still High at Tewinbury

7th September 2013

I popped into Tewinbury to see how the water levels were dropping and much to my surprise they had gone up!! As a result there were very few birds around, just a few Teal, a couple of Moorhens and the usual suspects, a Heron and a Little Egret. It is hard to resist taking just one more shot of these statues. Little Egrets are in fact quite difficult to photograph. They are SOOOOOOO white that they confuse the exposure measurement of the camera, and so for this shot I adjusted the exposure compensation producing the white bird against a dark background.




Then, just as I was about to leave, I heard the call of a Kingfisher. It was obviously over the other side of the reed bed as it didn't appear for two minutes, but then flew into the pond and settled on one of the sticks provided. Sorted!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.