Tuesday 22 January 2013

Ermine at Amwell

I have always been unlucky when it comes to photo opportunities for mammals. Every one else seems to come across Weasels, Stoats chasing Rabbits and Foxes wherever they go, but for me....zilch.

Stoats are often seen at Amwell, but rarely by me but today was not only an exception but a bonus. For as I was standing at the viewpoint scanning the scrape, a Stoat was running across the rides just 20 yards away. But not only was this a stunning Stoat, but it was acquiring its white winter coat - an Ermine. Notice the black tip to the tail which separates it from a Weasel. Magical.


For better reproduction of my photos, see my photo gallery at flickr.com/photos/seymourbirdies

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.