Wednesday 29 August 2012

Redstart at Amwell

Having returned home from trying to photograph the flighty Whinchats at Deadman's Hill, I checked my messages and found that a Redstart had been at Amwell all day. After a quick sandwich I was on my way and headed straight for Hollycross Lake where the bird seemed to have taken up residency in an Elder bush.

Luckily, there is only one Elder in that particular location and the bird was soon spotted although, despite showing itself a couple of times fairly briefly, spent most of its time deep in cover or in the shade. However, after an hour and a half I did manage to get a few shots of this super little bird.






There was a clear sky that night so I expected it to have continued its migration overnight. However, luckily, it was still there the next morning and despite being very elusive, I did manage to get a much better shot in good light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.