Monday 16 April 2012

Stocks and Squirrels

Another visit to Sherrardspark Wood had once again been fruitless and so, as is customary on these occasions, I turned my attentions to photographing squirrels. Like them or hate them you cannot deny that they are both cute and photogenic, particularly when there are a couple of logs to play hide and seek in.


My attention was then drawn to a call I haven't heard for many years, the "ooooo" of a Stock Dove. I was soon able to locate the bird high in the trees and, as luck would have it, with a twig in it's beak. It wasn't very long before it flew down to a large tree and disappeared down a hole. All I had to do then was to wait for it to emerge and grab a few shots. A grossly under-rated bird.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.